My neighbour C and I saw one of these Stable Bags in 2010 and we have been searching for the pattern ever since. Of course, we had the wrong name. We were looking for a Saddle Bag. You know word association - 'stable' may have been said but we thought 'horse' then looked for 'saddle'. Eventually we were corrected and C ordered the pattern online.
Last week, we had a sewing day. I must make sure I get a photo of C's bag. It looks lovely in a black, red and mustard floral stripe with a dark glossy red cord.
The instructions were not great and there are things I would do differently if I ever made this bag again. On each project I do, whatever it is, I learn something new. This time it was piping. I have never made or installed any. Next time I meet piping in a project, I won't be daunted by it. (I wish I could say the same about zippers.)
This bag is a great project bag. Knitters could make it a bit wider to accommodate needles, but it will be just right for my crocheting.
This year I am aiming to do more crocheting -Tunisian style. I did a bit of 'damage' at the local yarn shop. I'll have to show you that. So many luscious threads, so little talent (on my part), ahhhh.
Back to work next week. So according to the rule book, Brisbane should have a 'stinker' of a week, weatherwise.