Sunday, January 15, 2012

Late Christmas Present.


I'm not the dressmaker in our family, that's my mother. However she thinks those days are over.
So I thought I'd have a go at making a dress for my grandniece, the delightful Miss A.
I was very pleased at how it turned out even if I do say so myself. The pattern is 'Sunday Best' by Kookaburra Cottage, made in Me and My Sister fabric.
I think she liked it.
I'll have to think of something for her 6 months old baby sister, the very vocal Miss S.

Today was the first chance I had to try it on Miss A and finish the buttons and hem. A better late than never Christmas present.

Take care everyone,
Kayly

4 comments:

Susan said...

It looks so pretty and it seems Miss A is happy with it as well.

Maria said...

It's a gorgeous dress Kayly and well worth the wait. I'm sure Miss A was overwhelmed with gifts at Christmas time so it pays to 'stagger' gifts I think! :-)

Grethe said...

Lovely dress you made for Miss A, bet she loves wearing it! Makes me want the summer soon again,but as not even mid winter,a long wait:-)
Happy Quilting!

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty dress for Miss A and I do love the frilly pants on Miss S LOL!