Sunday, September 12, 2010

A New Bag.

Now this is bordering on a miracle for me! I saw this bag at the Patchwork Tree in Alderley awhile ago. It was made in lovely bright colours. Unfortunately they had run out of the pattern.
Last Friday a friend and I had a very enjoyable day out at the Redlands Quilt Show and a visit to to Bayside Stitchcraft. They had the pattern. The black and white material and the lining (which is the same pattern but in reverse - white and black) came from stash.

Saturday saw most of it sewn. I only stopped because my old eyes were giving out on the black material. I finished it Sunday morning!

Finally a pattern bought and used and finished in 3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And not added to the pile of patterns I have collected over the years.

This bag is going in my suitcase, because I'm off on holidays at the end of the week.

This afternoon was spent toe tapping my way through Mamma Mia - the stage show at QPAC.
I saw the show when it came through Brisbane last time and thoroughly enjoyed it. This new production is wonderful. Incredible singing, costumes and clever set design. It is a very good musical.

Off to watch Junior Materchef.

Take care everyone,
Kayly

3 comments:

Yvette said...

I really, REALLY, love your bag. I have been itching to make a bag and keep buying patterns that I don't fully understand. I can read a quilt pattern with no problem, give me a purse pattern and I am lost. I may have to get this one too and give it a whirl.

BubzRugz said...

The bag is lovely - black and white is such a great contrast - I agree it is difficult to see well to sew though.
Hugz

Aunty said...

What a beautiful bag. looks great in black and white. Saw Mamma Mia at QPAC a couple of years ago so decided not to go this time. Glad you enjoyed it.