Saturday, June 7, 2014

The Last Stitches

By my calculations, I am about 15 months late with this top. Sue Daley said it took her 6 weeks to do. Show Off!  ;-)  LOL. So I'm slow!!!!....There were other things to do.....n
o, I AM just slow.

Here are the last stitches in the applique part of Square Dance by Sue.


 I have now finished the 4 corner circles, the 9 centre circles and the 4 border strips. I still have to cut them back to size and sew together. To do that, it will be a case of measure, measure, mark, measure again, hold breath, cut and then exhale. One can only hope I don't stuff it up.
I have been giving the quilting some thought. It might end up being done by hand. My only experience with hand quilting is on small projects.

This is the cake I made for our patchwork group this week. It is a Apple and Vanilla Custard Tea Cake. I was rather pleased with how it turned out, considerting I thought I had really mucked it up when putting it together in the tin.
Well, Sunday Stitchers is on again  next week, so I had better be off to catch up on 'Gossip' blocks, or I will have a permanent seat in the naughty corner!

Take care,
Cheryl

8 comments:

bettsylyn (Lynda) said...

Yay for the blocks! And the cake was yummy too.

Jeanette said...

Yay you've finished all the blocks. They look beautiful. Hugs, xx

Susan said...

Your square dance will be great - hope all the measuring and cutting go to plan.
cake looks great too...

Unknown said...

Your blocks are looking Great....and so does that Cake!

Chookyblue...... said...

you have done well.........they look great.....that is one of her quilts I would like to make..........
cake looks great too..............

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Awesome blocks.....yummo cake...

Houseelf said...

Well done for finishing the blocks. So much work has gone into that quilt. Great looking cake. I usually mess up with cooing- safer to stay in the craft room. Your cake came out beautifully.

Grethe said...

Oh, what a tempting cake, must find the recipe for this one! Lovely blocks finished :-)