Friday, July 6, 2012

Confession Time

 Yes, finally confession time.



The above photo shows my purchases from the Sydney Craft Show. Missing is a little clip-on light and 2 bundles of FQs form the Kaffe Fassett collective. I bought mainly tools. I wasn't going to admit to the FQ bundles. I was on my way out the door when I saw them. I picked one bundle, paid and moved on, only to go around the block and go back for the other bundle. In my defence, I did leave the 3rd bundle there! (But only just and I have their card.) They will be put to good use when I start Sue Daley's Square Dance.



As I explained in the last post, Hubby and I just had a lovely 10 day driving holiday. A major highlight was visit to The Home Patch - Anni Downs's delightful store. The stash in the photo above was not all bought at Anni's - just all the left and bottom part. Anni only had one bolt of her own 'My Favourite Things' fabric range left. I also picked up some more linen from her. Shops up here sell the books and patterns that use it but not the fabric.The 3 bright FQs were from Blackheath Patchwork and the 4 other pieces of Anni's fabric were from Tamworth Patchwork (I don't think I have their correct name). My purchases might seem a bit overboard, but it was a treat visit and my birthday, so that's the excuse I'm going with. LOL

I can stop being jealous now of all the Home Patch visits, I read about. If you've never been, love Anni's work and get a chance to go, DO IT. It is not a huge store, but one filled with lots of atmosphere. All the items from the books and patterns are there to see and touch, lots of lovely gift items, heaps of ideas, encouragement and welcome. Bathurst also has lots of other attractions.


I'll keep my holiday photos for my next post. After a very hectic June, life has returned to a slower pace. I'll also be able to reply to comments from the last post. Sorry I have not answered before now, but Internet access was limited while we were away.
Take care,
Kayly




7 comments:

Kylie said...

Looks like you had a great time and made some great purchases xxx

Noela said...

Some lovely purchases there. Glad you had a nice holiday and could visit Anni's shop. The outside looks lovely can just imagine what it is like inside.

Janice said...

Good on you for treating yourself. There is no point in travelling all that way to visit the quilt show and Anni's gorgeous shop without taking a little something home as a reminder. You will be able to reminisce about your travels as you stitch up a storm. It was great to catch up with you while you were down here.

Maria said...

A lovely lot of goodies there Kayly :-)

Chookyblue...... said...

glad you finally made it to Anni's shop..........lovely shopping................

Grethe said...

Lucky you visiting the Home Patch, looks like a super shop,she is so talented! Like all your purchases, Happy Sewing,Kayly :-)

Anonymous said...

Isn't the HOME PATCH a fantastic place :) Wish it was in my town but I suppose 2 hours away is ok :)