Monday, May 23, 2011

Sydney Get Away

Talk about slack - not blogging.

The weekend before last I went down to visit a friend in Sydney. J moved down there 10 years ago and our little group has been visiting once a year for most years.


This year we went to 2 new places - Cronulla for brunch and Newtown.


Cronulla was beautiful. We also went to the nearby Botany Bay National Park. Fabulous view, even if the kookaburras were eyeing us off for something to eat. These three were right above us and at least 4 others were in the next tree.


Newtown was very interesting. The area is going through a revival - a bit bohemian and arty. The main street is lined with buildings mainly from the 1870s to 1890s and then some Art Deco ones.


This garage has been very well maintained.


The only crafty thing I did was go to this Newtown shop - All Buttons Great and Small.
It was fascinating. Check out the door knob. I only wish I had had a project to buy for. If you ever want a button and you are anywhere near Sydney, go there. They also do mail order. Must remember that. Under the glass front counter were beautiful rare 'art' buttons.

This last week I have been working on quilting a single bed quilt for my Miss A - my grandneice. Nearly there, but I don't think I'll have a finish for May for OPAM unless I stop typing and start stitching.
So see you later and take care,
Kayly

1 comment:

Small badges said...

Delighted that I found your site, fantastic info. I will bookmark and try to visit more frequently.
http://nametags123.com/