Monday, August 30, 2010

Bridge to Brisbane Fun Run

Or more accurately in my case 'Fun Walk'.

Last Sunday saw over 30,000 people of all shapes, sizes, ages and fitness levels, get up well before dawn to do the 14th annual Bridge to Brisbane Fun Run.



Including the above colourful characters.

I don't know if you can see it in the first photo, but there is already a mass of people on the bridge on the right side. The 'walkers' still had not been set free when this shot was taken.

Over the last year I have been attempting to lose a bit of weight. Walking has been my main exercise. I have aimed for 10,000 steps each day and I might add that 10,000 steps is not always easy to reach. This walk was my challenge to myself. I am proud to say I did the 10 km in 1 hour 48 mins and 35 secs. I even jogged a bit at the end to make up for a necessary toilet stop. ( Well, we were waiting at the start line for over an hour and a half!) I don't think I'll get up quite so early next time.

This year, the main beneficiary was Autism Queensland. So it was extra special as a friend's child benefits from their programmes.

Take care everyone,
Kayly

PS I hope to remember Tuesday's Treasures tomorrow. I forgot again last week!

No comments: