Thursday, April 24, 2014

Tote Bags

Phew...I've just finished the household accounts...I've been slack at keeping those up to date just like I've been slack with this blog.
I have been sewing...no Dawnie not In My Garden...no fellow Sunday Stitchers not Gossip in the Garden...but tote bags for my sister and mother.

 This purple and yellow number is for my sister.


 This orangy one is for my mother. The bottom does sit squarer. I just didn't check how it was hanging on the tree. I quilted the outside in a diamond pattern and it has an outside pocket - you can make out the decorative flap.


Inside you can see the pockets including the zipped one. Don't why I procrastinate so badly about having a go at new things. It was nowhere near as hard as I thought it was going to be.

Speaking of bag making, my copy of Nicole Mallalieu's new book arrived yesterday.

t
Just a bit of light reading and inspiration.
Take care,
Cheryl  (aka Kayly)

3 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

nice bags for your family members............

Susan said...

LOve the orange fabric...plenty of time for those other projects....

Jenny said...

Cool bags , orange is my colour of course.