Sunday, March 30, 2014

GDITC 2014

I can't believe it's 2 whole weeks since Lynda and I drove home from another fun Girls Day in the Country at Nundle, hosted by Kerry Swain from The Cottage on the Hill.
We started down on the Thursday and this time shared a cabin with Maree and Alison at the Armidale Tourist Park. The cabin was a lovely big 3 bedroom, 2 toilets, large living area one. The park was very pretty and clean, and I would stay there again.
Lunch on Friday was on the Peel Inn's side verandah again.

 There was a LOT of this....photographs....going on...except from me as usual...too busy soaking up the fun.


Kerry and her team had the hall looking beautiful. Our tutor for the day was Lynette Anderson, so her quilts were hung around the walls.


 These were our goody boxes. No, I didn't take a photo of the interior, too busy checking it out.


 We made use of the well appointed BBQ area at our caravan park - Fossickers Caravan Park.

This year we had 2 swaps. The bloggers had a "Make It, Bake It or Fake It" swap, which was great as time was a bit tight for many. There was another swap with all the ladies in the hall, that used a freebie pattern from Lynette Anderson. I showed what I made a couple of post ago. From Dale in the Bloggers Swap, I got a great "Fake It". Dale gave me the orange mug pincushion. (The photo doesn't show the purple and green flower on top.) It's easy to carry and heavy enough not to fall over. Thanks Dale.
The beautifully embroidered needle case is from Sam. It is a great size, perfect to slip into a small bag for a portable project. Thank you Sam.


Here's the 2014 Bloggers photo. Unfortunately a few people escaped before it was taken.
Our cabin buddy in Nundle was Fairy Floss. Check out her blog. She KNOWS how to take photos - good ones as well. They include some of the show and tell from our very talented bloggers.

I love the power of the internet. Grethe (Norway), I said hello to Lynette for you. She said hello back and is looking forward to meeting you again later this year. She said she runs into you at Birmingham as well. We were supposed to get a photo together waving to you, but the ladies kept her very busy.
Look after yourselves, everyone.
Cheryl

6 comments:

Sam said...

You are very welcome for the needle case. The swaps were lots of fun. I didn't do them last time but definitely will in the future. Thanks for sharing your photos.

Susan said...

Great round up Chery - I am always forgetting to take pictures too.

Grethe said...

You`re the best!
Thanks a lot for saying hi to Lynette from me:-) Great that she remembers me. I got the yes yesterday, so I`ll be sewing the same bag as you with her in September here in Norway :-)
Love seeing all your pictures from Nundle. You all always seem so happy together.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

It was an awesome weekend...once again thank you for my lovely notepad

Chookyblue...... said...

so pleased you girls made the trek south once again...........another wonderful time in Nundle for GDITC.....

DAWNIE said...

A great post and love the tea cup on the table, also your gorgeous needlecase. So nice to have things that others make!.

ps how is the Anni's in my Garden coming along???