Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Not Another Bridge Opening!

Yes! Another one. You're lucky. Hubbie and I missed the opening of the 'Go-Between' or I would have bored you with that one too. This is my Dad and I standing near the obligatory sign. The new 'Ted Smout' bridge is supposed to be the longest bridge in Australia at 2.7 km. Mum, Dad, Hubbie and I walked it both ways and the long walk to get to the beginning- well over 6 km or over 14,000 steps on Mum's pedometer. Dad has an artificial hip. I thought he'd catch the bus back, but no he did really well. It was good training for the 'Bridge to Brisbane' fun run/walk in late August. That will be 10 km and about 40,000 people very early in the morning.
This is my latest book purchase. It's Janelle Wind's first book - Pieces of Me. It is full of very do-able projects. Very colourful - great photography- easy to understand instructions. You never know I may even make something. I'll add it to the list. Boy that list is getting long.
The book is sitting on my favourite doily. I crocheted this one a few years ago.
I have finished the June's Gardener's Journal stitcheries and only have one to do for July. I may make this month's deadline yet.
Keep well everyone,
Kayly

3 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

sounds like a fun day..........something that will not happen for a long time..........

keep working on the GJ Sal you will get there........

Teresa said...

I so wanted to walk this bridge. What a shame I didn't get there. Glad you did though. I still call the old bridge The Hornibrook... old habits I guess! Used to love going over the old bridge in the buses... it was so bumpy, like a roller coaster! Take care xx

Margaret said...

Nice to write in your memoirs about the bridges you have walked over and a heading that will inspire all those who read about them. Now that has got you started on another project I hope. I like to encourage people to write about their family and life as the world is changing so quickly it is nice to leave a legacy. Bet your glad you have June finished. Yah!