Friday, October 21, 2011

Brisbane Craft Show

Heavens to Bettsy and I went to the Brisbane Craft Show on Wednesday. As usually we were there from near opening to the close. In fact H2B was still buying stuff as the stall holders were putting up their curtains and leaving!!!
I, on the other hand, have to apologise to the stall holders for my poor buying effort. I kept thinking of all the things I had at home still untouched from other shows. I did manage to come away with these.....

For the first time, H2B and I saw the prize giving for Queensland Quilters Annual Quilt Show that is held in conjunction with the Craft Show. It was fabulous...so many talented people....a wide range of styles and colours. The Qld Quilters web site has a gallery of winners and place-getters. You can click on each one for a bigger picture. Their site will give you a better look at them than the photos I took.
Except this one.... My old pointer finger might help to give you an idea of just how small the machine quilting is on this Pam Hill winner.

Also check out the pictorial winner (I think it also won best wall hanging). I don't think photos do it justice. It is amazing. Really it is a great painting using fabric not paint.

Must go. I'm trying to get something finished for OPAM. Can't have another empty month!

Take care,
Kayly

1 comment:

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely little amount of shopping...........LOL........H2B sure is a shopaholic.......

that quilting is amazing..........